Tuesday 18 September 2007

Today's awesome presentation on research!


So we looked at pervasive gaming! I might go to the lighthouse event. But it said I have to register, and I think they're trying to steal my details and do bad things, so I'm not sure if I want to risk it. But pervasive games take gaming off the screen and into the real world, so to speak. And the event has a bar. So I must say it's tempting.
Had a quick look at modernism. Well, more looking at how the image said more than words. Which reminds me, I should put an image on this blog entry. We then looked at a poor example of a powerpoint layout. Juxtaposing... pretty useful, in terms of making comparisons.
Anyways, then a few examples of males represented as violent and dominating, with fire and flames, as Tom Cruise demonstrates on the left. And a few other ways of advertising. Finally, looked at Harvard referencing.




No comments: